Sign in to follow this  
Flanders

Throttle cable replacement (Inglese intake)

I've never had to change a throttle cable before.  My new intake needs a longer one (attached pic) as it needs to attach to the linkage in the middle of the unit.  Is Lokar the place to go for good cables?  Advice and tips welcome.  Compared to original location, I need to route the cable about 8-9" toward the passenger side...and I have about 3-4 inches of clearance between firewall and intake to do it.  Anyone done something similar?

P_20200222_140716.jpg

Thanks -- I definitely need a new cable, but I just don't know yet how I'm supposed to route it from the current firewall hole to the back of the new intake.  It needs to come up from the back of the intake, closer to the passenger side of it.

Any opinions between using the throttle cable with the stainless steel outer liner compared to the 'regular' black plastic outer lining?  Does one flex more than the other?  Or can I bend one more than the other for routing purposes?

ended up with the black stainless steel Lokar cable for the Borla 8-stack injection system.  Basically identical throttle parts as Inglese.  I'm not convinced yet that the S-bend in my cable is going to give me perfectly smooth operation once I'm driving, but for now it works.  The clip for the gas pedal worked after about 20 seconds with the dremel -- didn't need to take much off to make it fit.  A few pics for reference.

20200515_204344.jpg

20200514_211656.jpg