v8ford70

Auto Choke, 600 Holley carb Info Req.

My 1970 Coupe  302W has on the exhaust manifold a Choke stove, PO removed off the 600 Holley Vac sec the auto choke & choke parts.I'm looking at reinstalling the auto choke.The carby has an aftermarket chrome air filter & I was going to order a Choke stove rebuild kit for manifold( gauze & plug ) & a heat riser tube set but trying to work out where to connect the heat riser choke tube that goes from the bottom of the choke stove on the manifold to the top of the carby ,I have no inlet point at the top of the carby. I'm interested to see if anyone here has a auto thermal choke connected & how they did it.Or if anyone can help me with any suggestions. Cheers Phil. 

On 2/14/2020 at 9:38 AM, Vicfreg said:

Vicfreg I was hoping to use the auto thermal choke part that attaches to the carb that came in a box with the car, looks like no one here uses a this type of choke system with after market air filter.I didn't know whether to attach the heat riser tube directly to the air filter by drilling a hole in the underside of the filter plate & the other heat riser tube directly to the choke control part on the carb whether this would work.I had read on Google that some prefer the Thermal choke as it is controlled by the heat of the motor verses the electric choke.If I can't get info to make it work I will have to go to an electric choke.Cheers Phil  

Drill a hole under the filter housing so when the engine vacuum pulls air through the heater on the manifold then up into the choke housing, it is clean air.

Other end goes to the fitting next to the choke. OEM line run from the heater to the choke was a metal line since the heat will deteriorate rubber.