Vicfreg

Rear bumper - close fit or fiberglass

You're taking away my beach time LOL.

Brackets are to be mounted in the center of the holes and tighten down. Next set the bumper on and check for fit. We learned that by not bonding the brackets to the bumper like we use to do, it allowed us to position the bumper for a better fit. Next remove the  bumper and run structural adhesive on the brackets, put the  bumper on and tape in place. Ones you unbolt the bumper it will go on the same each and every time. Once it's off you can add more adhesive if necessary. Gotta go the beach is calling me  :)

23 minutes ago, mustangstofear said:

Check the alignment with both end caps, this will tell you what needs to be corrected . The 3 1/4 side might need to be shaved down to  3 inches so it's flush with the end caps.

it would be too short, the pics show the distance to the curve line. it is perfect on the right side, the left side needs more material..

IMG_3604.jpeg

Here's what I would do, leave the bumper the way it is and move the left side of the car back a 1/4 of an inch LOL.  I'll send these pictures to Susie so she can check our inventory  and see if we have one that's correct. This will also get passed along to our manufacturer. Don't do anything with the one you have for now. I  always prefer to have them wider than necessary and trim them to fit myself. 

8 minutes ago, mustangstofear said:

Here's what I would do, leave the bumper the way it is and move the left side of the car back a 1/4 of an inch LOL.  I'll send these pictures to Susie so she can check our inventory  and see if we have one that's correct. This will also get passed along to our manufacturer. Don't do anything with the one you have for now. I  always prefer to have them wider than necessary and trim them to fit myself. 

Will a 10lb sledge work or should i just back the car up into a brick wall :-)