BigDuke6

for those with a 393 stroker, can you post your builds and numbers?

I have stock length forged rods and have the chance for a free 3.850 crank.. All I would need are some forged 302 Pistons. Just curious what those of you with a 393 have and what you are putting up numbers wise.. 

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you should be able to do that.  

I used the Edelbrock top end kit, and they advertise around 450 HP.  I have not yet put my car on the dyno.  I used Scat/Eagle kit.  

One thing to watch is the 1969 to 1970 blocks have a different deck height than the later 351W.  I had to fly cut my pistons.    

1969-1970 are casting ID  C9OE-6015-B,  which has a 9.48" deck height. The later blocks have a 9.503" deck height.

Your head combustion chamber size also will impact you final compression ratio. Also, with the cam lift over 0.500, you may need valve cutouts in the pistons to avoid piston to valve clearance issues. That is why I used the Edlebrock heads with the 1.90 intake valves.

https://www.edelbrock.com/performer-rpm-top-end-kit-for-s-b-ford-2090.html

Too many variables to give you any more specific information.

Good luck

Like Vic, I have no numbers. 69 block, bored 30 over, Scat 3.85" stroke, AFR 185 w58cc, stock rods polished and peened and bushed for floating pistons, KB hyper pistons, Weiand Stealth, Quick Fuel 650. Has plenty of power, as it pulls the 2.50 rear gear easily off the line and was still pulling strong at 130 mph.

I have a 393w with 195 avenger heads, weiand, stealth intake, holley 750 dp, march serp pulleys,  longs tubes with magnaflow xpipe with a tko600 a ford 9, 3:50 gears

I had a MDL kevlar, steel organic clutch, but clutch went out after a year, so im going with a mcleod super street pro clutch. hopefully this one will last longer. 

330rwhp 390+rwtq untuned dynojet dyno 

365rwhp 400rwtq tuned on a dynapack dyno