ClubSport

DCC control module - Who knows Brian Baskin ?

Hello

I have purchased a DCC FK45 paid via paypal - No news since Dec 12...

I have sent an email per week to Brian Baskin but still no answers ? Is his business is over ? Do someone has a contact number as he is not answering emails ?

Thank's in advance

I have a DCC it took a long time to get.  I'm looking at my emails and I ordered/paid for it Mid June and received it mid August.  So basically 2 months.  It's worked great the 3 years I've had it.  They are notorious for not communicating between sale and shipment.  After I received the unit and installed it response time was fine on support issues.  If you are on a time crunch to get your Fan setup working you might want to look at alternatives if not I'd give it a couple more weeks.  Good luck I know how frustrating waiting on parts can be.

I couldn't get an email out of him, even after reading he's hard to reach and waiting patiently. I don't think that's good business tbh.

Instead I bought a variable speed fan control from Derale that worked great until I shorted it--100% my fault. Since I'm going to order another one when I'm ready, I'm going to change my mounting setup a bit but it worked perfectly on the shroud. 

Sent a message to paypal and they returned to me saying that I will be refunded .

Do not understand this kind of business : a lot of people give very positive reviews on the product but it is impossible to acquire it

Derale module has a lot of negative feedback but I really want a PWM controller - the Flex A Lite is not really PWM.... 

Do someone has a experience with agood reliable controller that can pull 30-35 Amp at fan stratup ?

I have an AutocoolGuy PWM controller and I love it.  I threw my (2) Derale controllers in the trash.  I use the inline temperature sensor, which I highly recommend.

The NB 100 was overkill for sure.  I got mine a while ago, and that was the only "non-buzz" model at the time.  I run 2- 12" Maradyne NASCAR Fans with it.  On the test stand, I can control temperature in 2 degree increments.   

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

Weird, I must have got a "good one" (Derale pwm controller)- mine worked great. My understanding is that they need to be mounted in an area with good ventilation, so I purposely drilled holes beneath it in the shroud and mounted it with rubber feet for vibration protection and to leave space for air to escape. I'm using Contour dual fan setup which are pretty high amperage.

I had a DCC controller and was not happy with it.  I oversized it by 40% and it failed just after a year.  I got a digital dakota dash and used the optional electric fan set up and been happy after 4 years.  I've added another temp controller to my Tacoma truck with a temp controller off line for about 30 bucks and added a thermocouple and this has lasted over 10 years.  My taurus fan went out and replaced it but, never had issues with the temp controller.  I have it set to stay on until it goes below a certain temp.  If you do a little research you can design a better system for way cheaper  .Most expensive part was a solid state relay.  This was about $100 but it's lasted over 10 years.

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=83

The DCC and AutoCoolGuy modules are acting as PWM regulators : the speed of the fan is variable and the start is soft without big Amp hikes.

A relay activated fan is much more simple but I do not want my fan cycling on-off instead of running at  the needed speed : less noise and less cooling shock.