I did Doug's Shorty ceramic coated for the same reasons as above.  These fit great.  I can actually get them in with the engine in place.  Car has to be lifted.

I used a Magnaflow system but custom made the connection up to the Shorties.    System sounds good.

On 2/7/2020 at 8:34 PM, ralt962 said:

I did Doug's Shorty ceramic coated for the same reasons as above.  These fit great.  I can actually get them in with the engine in place.  Car has to be lifted.

I used a Magnaflow system but custom made the connection up to the Shorties.    System sounds good.

I see you have a 69 fastback, but what is your engine and trans combination? And do you have PS? Thanks

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 12:55 PM, maleah said:

I have a 69 convertible, 351w, 4 speed and power steering.  I use the ceramic Patriot long tubes headers. #H8401-1.  Fairly easy to install, even for a 4speed and steering setup.  Made a world of difference that I could feel.  If you order from advanced auto and use the 20 or 25% promo code, it will take off about $90 bucks for a total of about $320 for a pair of ceramic long tubes. 

What size exhaust pipes did you run? 2 3/4"? 3"?

You guys with the shortie headers -- how did you install them on the drivers side?  Did you need to remove the z-bar and the steering box in order to get it in?  I see the original poster put in adjustable engine mounts in -- are these necessary?

I've got some JBA shorties, but the drivers side is a tight squeeze!  Just not sure how much is usually required to remove before the headers go in.

I'm wanting to try to use long headers for the 69 351W and looking at a set of Doug's D623 and JBA 6612SJS. Does anybody have any experience with the fitment of these long headers on a 69 automatic 351W with power steering. The guy at Summit racing is telling me they will fit, but I'm reading comments that they won't if the car has front shock towers. Any help here?

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 12:55 PM, maleah said:

I have a 69 convertible, 351w, 4 speed and power steering.  I use the ceramic Patriot long tubes headers. #H8401-1.  Fairly easy to install, even for a 4speed and steering setup.  Made a world of difference that I could feel.  If you order from advanced auto and use the 20 or 25% promo code, it will take off about $90 bucks for a total of about $320 for a pair of ceramic long tubes. 

I looked up the Patriot headers on Summit and it says that they are not a fit for a 69 Mustang. The Advanced Auto site says the same thing. I'm assuming Advanced told you they would mount up initially?

Patriot.JPG

On 2/13/2020 at 5:22 AM, Mach1 Driver said:

I see you have a 69 fastback, but what is your engine and trans combination? And do you have PS? Thanks

351W.  FMX trans with PS and PB.  The PB is a large diameter booster.  PS worked with the stock bracket.  I didnt have to lower the cylinder.

Is anyone running the Patriot H8403-1 long tube with a small block and a 5 speed?  Currently have a set of Hedman shorties ready to drop in when I put the motor back in the car but I'm kicking around the idea of using the long tubes.  I have stock PS and have a drop bracket from when I had the C4 slushbox behind the original 302.

Nate

PS:  I checked and it looks like you can get them off Advance Auto shipped for around $330, plus tax, using a 25% coupon.  Seems like a great price for a set of long tube, coated headers.