bryonbush

Aaw 12v cranking

I rewired my vert this spring with an aaw kit. It's at the body shop now getting painted so I cant check this info for myself. 

Does anyone know if in one of the extra spots aaw provides, give a solid 12v while cranking? Reason why, I would love to eliminate the wires for my fitech efi. For those who dont know, fitech has a massive connector with two wires, one goes from the battery and one goes to the fuel pump. If you're trying to have a clean engine bay, there is really no way to hide these but if I can get the fitech unit to get power from inside the car, that would eliminate the wires in the bay.

You may want to rethink that. They recommend the EFI is connected directly to the battery. This helps eliminate electrical noise caused by other circuits. This electrical noise can cause the EFIs electronics to loose its little mind and act erratically, and since its trying to run the engine, that's not a good thing. You will end up chasing ghosts.

Byron, I had the same thought, but kept the FiTech connectors. I ran them out the back of the engine, through the firewall.  All of my tie-in connections are under the dash.   I ran the fuel pump wire a country mile, through the firewall, under the dash, in the drivers sider fenderwell, then to my fuel command center.   I avoided any in engine compartment wiring that I could, but it was work to run it through the fenderwells.

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg