hawkdriver

69 door lock assembly

Iv have been having some unlock issues and hoping you all could help me out. I think iv narrowed it down to a spring. Was wondering if anyone knew of an aftermarket one available. Worse case if anyone would have one or a whole assembly the would be willing to sell. I’d hate to but a new $60 lock set for a $2 spring. See attached. Thanks

67FA09E8-436E-4212-86A7-683732039563.jpeg

Well, it's a long shot - and this was posted a long time ago, but I just saw it - but you might find something that can substitute for it on McMaster-Carr website:

https://www.mcmaster.com/springs

Look under the torsion springs section, and see if you can find one with about the right strength and length.  You may need to modify one or both ends of the spring to make it work in your application.

Hope it helps!

Take it out, clean it and lube up the moving parts with wheel bearing grease. Also check the tension on the lock and door rods. I ran into the same issue, once I greased them up and made sure the tension was minimal at rest with the pull rods, they work like a champ.