Jmlay quoted the diameter not the length.  But, at any rate, I don't have the length.

Some Ford Trucks used a "FT" engine, versus a "FE".  The FT was a 391, not a 390.  Many parts are not interchangeable.   I am travelling and don't have my reference books with me, but I am sure you can google that and get the details.   The trucks have a different harmonic balancer, and the internal balance may be different. Also, the stock 390's have cast cranks.   The better choice would be to find a 428 crank.  

Vic

4 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Jmlay quoted the diameter not the length.  But, at any rate, I don't have the length.

Some Ford Trucks used a "FT" engine, versus a "FE".  The FT was a 391, not a 390.  Many parts are not interchangeable.   I am travelling and don't have my reference books with me, but I am sure you can google that and get the details.   The trucks have a different harmonic balancer, and the internal balance may be different. Also, the stock 390's have cast cranks.   The better choice would be to find a 428 crank.  

Vic

I stated exactly what I meant, crank stroke for 352, 360, 390, 410 & 428. 1970 truck 390 was part of the question. Nowhere was a 361 & 391 mentioned.

Not sure what diameter your referencing Vicfreg. In the event your thinking bore then:

352 - 4.00”

360,390,410 - 4.05”

428 - 4.13”

My bad.  I read the question as written which was is the length different, I did not think of the stroke length, sorry.  I thought he meant the overall length from harmonic balance to flywheel.

My reference to a 391 is that what might look like a 390 from a Ford Truck may not in fact be a 390, as the truck engines were different than the car engines.

For sure the 3.78" is the stoke on a 390.

On 12/18/2019 at 9:23 PM, jmlay said:

I stated exactly what I meant, crank stroke for 352, 360, 390, 410 & 428. 1970 truck 390 was part of the question. Nowhere was a 361 & 391 mentioned.

Your answer was vague because you did not state that the numbers you were posting were the stroke, which was not part of his question, unless he used the word "length" when he really meant "stroke".

"Is the crank on a 69 390 mustang the same length as a crank from a 1970 truck 390?"

On a true trunk crank 390, the front snout has a shoulder in it that will prevent the sleeve and balancer from going onto the right location.

a true 390 truck crank is steel (similar to the 427 crank but not the same)

this shoulder can be turned off on the lathe so you can use the car sleeve and balancer