Nick1969

351 W aluminum heads

I am looking to upgrade my 351 windsor to aluminum heads. I have been looking around and see that the rage of price is wide. I would like to get good ones but need some help figuring out which ones to get. Does anyone have any recommendations? 

I used Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, I am very happy with them.   Lot's of other stuff to consider, though, as others will point out.   Engine's are essentially air pumps, so if you free up the heads, then intake manifold, exhaust/headers, and cam should be matched to make a happy engine package.   There are lot's of heads out there that will work, and a lot of really good cast iron heads that may perform as well and fit your budget.  Good luck.

what exactly is your goal?

what size will the engine be?

how much hp do you want to have.

afr's are are arguably the best overall, with trick flows also being very good but more affordable, but you can get decent performance from the chinese aluminum heads these days for far less money but you need to remove the crappy rocker arm studs and install good ones.

I'm running AFR 205 Heads on My little 408 and it made 550 Crank Hp

My best friend is running a set of Chepo Patriot performance heads with their valves and Comp Springs and his 408 with slightly bigger cam than I am running put down 410 RWHP through a TKO500... The Patriots have come a LONG way.

Trickflow is also Jam up for the money but the Twisted wedge series you will need to check PTV clearance closely as they might need TF Pistons.