Ridge Runner

Carbon fiber hand lay up any one ?

I have been trying to find a video on hand laying carbon fiber ,i have never done this and want to give it a try ,every video i try to watch ends to soon ,or doesnt give a lot of details ,like how do you get the smooth finish ,i see a lot of infusion vids and skinning vids ,but no good hand lay vids .if some one could put me in touch with a good book ,video or simply post some still pics that would be great ,and i am sure others would love to see how it is done .

I use to build and repair aircraft parts fabricated out of CF and composite laminates. I have been wanting to get back into this, but haven't had the equipment to do such. This video shows the use of prepreg material, which makes this process much easier. We use to have to weigh our resin and cloth, lay up the orientation the fibers based on the structure and inject the resin under vacuum. This is a pain. The sheets come pre treated with the right amount of resin to cloth ratio. It is frozen for shipping and storage. This particular video demonstrates this company's system that can be used in an oven instead of an autoclave. The use of vacuum bagging is crucial to getting great parts. The technology has come a long way since I was messing with this, which makes it more feasible to get back into it. 

Google prepreg for more info