newstang

NYS does it again

10 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

Could be  worse if you live in Virginia, they want to take your guns. 

isnt it in Virginia that a Sheriff wants to deputize the entire county to make a sanctuary gun safe county?

12 hours ago, newstang said:

isnt it in Virginia that a Sheriff wants to deputize the entire county to make a sanctuary gun safe county?

That is ingenious!

2 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

If the Governor tries to use the National  Guard,  Trump can Nationalize them.  Their  sword to uphold the constitution. 

National Guard serves under the  commander in chief, Governors can not call them. 

Hey they wanted to be a sanctuary state, then don't think of calling the feds.

11 minutes ago, newstang said:

it just never ends

Having lived there most of my life before escaping when I retired, I know a bit about the water situation. Los Angeles is a mild desert with the best weather in the country, but no water. At max it had enough water to support 250,000 and the population is somewhere around 18 million in just the four counties of LA, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino. Around 1900 they diverted water from the Owens Valley, and the city began to grow. That was done by Bill Mulolland, for whom they named Mulholland Drive. Then he built 7 large reservoirs to store the water. Then they diverted water from the Colorado River. Then they built the California aqueduct- essentially a concrete river running all the way from the Sacramento River Delta into LA. They had to do all that to keep pace with the population, but eventually they ran out of new sources for water, and the population just keeps growing. Their crazy politicians don't know their ass from a hot rock, and there are plenty of those laying around. They are between the proverbial hot rock and a hard place.  

48 minutes ago, Mach1 Driver said:

Having lived there most of my life before escaping when I retired, I know a bit about the water situation. Los Angeles is a mild desert with the best weather in the country, but no water. At max it had enough water to support 250,000 and the population is somewhere around 18 million in just the four counties of LA, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino. Around 1900 they diverted water from the Owens Valley, and the city began to grow. That was done by Bill Mulolland, for whom they named Mulholland Drive. Then he built 7 large reservoirs to store the water. Then they diverted water from the Colorado River. Then they built the California aqueduct- essentially a concrete river running all the way from the Sacramento River Delta into LA. They had to do all that to keep pace with the population, but eventually they ran out of new sources for water, and the population just keeps growing. Their crazy politicians don't know their ass from a hot rock, and there are plenty of those laying around. They are between the proverbial hot rock and a hard place.  

can wells be drilled in CA or is there no underground water?