Arvidsson

Tilt-away Column For Sale (year 1968)

Selling a tilt-away column from 1968 in good shape but need some TLC. 

I´m located in Sweden so shipping will be added and need to be considered. Can consider trade or partial trade for 428CJ parts, crankshaft, crankpulley, flexplate and/or oilpan. 

Accepting bids, reasonable ones.

pic_1.jpg

pic_2.jpg

pic_3.jpg

pic_4.jpg

pic_5.jpg

It looks like you are missing the tilt away mechanism that goes under the dash.  Without it, you only have a  tilt column.  I sold one in September of this year with everything included, clean, painted, and ready to go. It included several of the parts you do not have, and it sold for $1100.  If you can find the wire harness and mechanism for the bottom, this could be worth about $800 maybe.  If you clean it up, get it all working, and find all the parts, it could be worth more.  For your information ( I am not interested in buying it)  I would think a fair price might be $500 as is.

10 hours ago, danno said:

It looks like you are missing the tilt away mechanism that goes under the dash.  Without it, you only have a  tilt column.  I sold one in September of this year with everything included, clean, painted, and ready to go. It included several of the parts you do not have, and it sold for $1100.  If you can find the wire harness and mechanism for the bottom, this could be worth about $800 maybe.  If you clean it up, get it all working, and find all the parts, it could be worth more.  For your information ( I am not interested in buying it)  I would think a fair price might be $500 as is.

Hey Danno! 

thanks for the input. It’s a bit difficult over here to get hold of all necessary bits and pieces so that’s why I’m selling as is. I do have a 69 column too with more parts to it, but I’m keeping that for a while :) 

//Mattias 

I am doing exactly the same.  I have tilt/tilt away in my 69 convertible, and I am keeping spare parts for it.  The tilt mechanism is the same as used in Thunderbirds and Lincolns from about 1966 to 1974.  The Tbirds and Lincs did not include the tilt away feature, but it is the same mechanism as the Mustang.

I see these for sale on Ebay all the time, and it is rare if they have the tilt away trigger that is under the dash.  All cars had it supplied originally, so why are there so few of them?   I wonder. 

I am an electrical engineer,  and I  know I could make an electro-magnetic one that could be used to trigger the tilt away.   Some day when I have time, I might give it a try.

1 hour ago, danno said:

I am doing exactly the same.  I have tilt/tilt away in my 69 convertible, and I am keeping spare parts for it.  The tilt mechanism is the same as used in Thunderbirds and Lincolns from about 1966 to 1974.  The Tbirds and Lincs did not include the tilt away feature, but it is the same mechanism as the Mustang.

I see these for sale on Ebay all the time, and it is rare if they have the tilt away trigger that is under the dash.  All cars had it supplied originally, so why are there so few of them?   I wonder. 

I am an electrical engineer,  and I  know I could make an electro-magnetic one that could be used to trigger the tilt away.   Some day when I have time, I might give it a try.

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it! 
and will def. pass the info along!