Sign in to follow this  
Dan32771

69 Coupe Engine Bay Measurements

I have seen technical information in the shop manuals but I have yet to find the factory dimensions for the engine bay. I am replacing the core support and inner fenders but need to know the measurements of the engine bay to make sure it is square for hood and fender fitment. I have seen some numbers but nothing consistent.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Dan, I have the measurements from another forum that I went with on my 69 Coupe. I had to replace both of the front inner fender panels & welded in the Boss 302 dog bone chassis stiffeners & I wanted to make sure the shock towers & the inner fender panels were where they were supposed to be. Let me know which ones you need.

Dan sorry it took me so long to respond but here we go. I will list the measurements by the hole number with the hole closet to the front in the radiator support as number 1, & the back hole by the cowl/firewall as number 6, #-3 is just in front of the shock towers, #-4 just behind the shock towers, & #-5 between the shock towers & the cowl/firewall.

R/S #-1 to L/S #-6 = 59 5/8"

L/S #-1 to R/S #-6 = 59"

L/S #-6 to R/S #-6 = 46 1/4"

L/S #-5 to R/S #-5 = 45 3/8"

L/S #-4 to R/S #-4 = 43 7/8"

L/S #-3 to R/S #-3 = 42 3/8"

l/s #-1 to R/S #-1 = 41 1/2" (radiator support)

from inner edge of slot of the shock tower brace mounting hole on top of the L/S shock tower to the inner edge of the slot of the shock tower brace mounting hole on top of the R/S shock tower = 29 1/8".

I hope I explained it well enough for you to understand, if you stand in front of your Mustang is should make sense, if not if you have a fax number I can fax you my drawing.