Casgar

Mustang Mach E

Sorry, it ain't a Mustang. This seems impossible after watching the video "A Faster Horse" where much time is spent making sure the Mustang name wasn't tarnished with the 2015 restyle of the Mustang. They also point out that everyone at Ford wants to work on the Mustang. Now this.

This goes back to Ford's announcement a couple of years ago that they were going to stop making cars, except for the Mustang.   They are using the name recognition for sure.

I have mixed emotions about this.   They shouldn't have used the "Mach" name.  But, the marketing guys are not stupid.   I can see a NextGen couple with a new GT Performance Package 2 and a Mach E in the driveway.  

However, I want to see the first hot rodder put a Coyote Motor in one of those Mach E cars..... 

Yeah, they can drive the electric car to the government grocery store (no food), on the way to drop their kids off at the government school (no education), and the go to work at the government labor camp where they can plug their car in for "free".   Nice

HAHa.  I meant to come and look at this forum when the announcement was made about this thing and forgot.  Pretty much what I expected.  I think true Mustang enthusiasts will hate this thing no matter how good it looks (which it doesn't look great) or how well it will perform (the stats actually look decent).   
Electric - Bah,  Four doors - NOOOOOO!!!!,  SUV ---- Forget about it!, oh and it doesn't really look like a Mustang - plus that huge flat running horse on the front is offensive.

I have no hate for Electric cars or self driving cars.  In fact a full on electric 2 door sports car Mustang could be cool if done right (the Teslas put up amazing performance figures and most of those are family mobiles).  Someday I'll probably have an electric car.  But I still love the old stuff too and hope we are allowed to continue to play with them and drive them on public roads in the futures... and I suppose get gas for them once the majority of cars are electric.  But for most sheeple out there a car is just a utility or appliance, the marketing folks know this and are trying to jump start Fords move to electric so they are using the massive good will Mustangs have to do it.  We'll hate it but - it will probably work.

I thought this was an interesting analysis of the whole thing.

I am ok with ford making an electric mustang (as an option)

I agree with ford making an electric SUV

i am ok with ford using mustang parts (seats, wheels, platform,wheels,etc) in the car.

i am ok with ford calling it the MACH-E

i am ok with ford saying it is a cousin or relative of the mustang

I AM NOT ok with them calling the car a mustang. It’s not a mustang!!!

i kind of like the looks and would even consider buying one (depending) as a daily driver

i have heard that some people at ford are calling it a mustang as a way to assure the future of the mustang as ford is cutting models that are not selling enough units or making enough margin

bob

Any Communist that wants to buy this car will do so even if they call it the Ford Turd, If it were at least a real Mustang that ALSO came in an electric model that would be one thing, but this will fail. If I HAD to buy an electric, Tesla is what i would buy out of spite. Besides, 400hp from an electric is Nothing.

IMHO I do NOT like the look of it, & I do NOT like the that Ford is calling a Mach. I will not drive an electric or self driving car. Listen to the lyrics in the attached link, kinda sums up where we are heading.