Midlife

Phone Call Spams

I have two landlines in the house (house is undergoing repairs) along with a cell phone.  Lots of spam calls from: Republican National Committee, Police and Firemen's fraternal organizations, Microsoft, Apple (I have no Apple products), Alexis wanting to advertise my business, etc., etc., etc.  Almost all are robocalls with no actual person on the line.  I start by saying "This is Randy" rather than hello, or yes...seems to upset their rhythms.

Two days ago, I get this call starting with a short pause after "This is Randy", saying "This is Bob".  "Bob who?  Do I know you?"  With over 700 customers, I have numerous Bobs.  "Yes, you do, and I want to BS with you."  Hmm...phone number from Bakersfield, CA.  Could it be?  "Is this RPM?  I know lots of Bobs, though..."  "Yes.  Am I interrupting something?"  Well, of course...all these calls are during dinner, so I beg off saying call me back in a bit.  After dinner (belch), I call Bob, and say what's up?  30 minutes of mostly BS, we say goodbye.

Yup, spam calls.  What a pain.