lanky

2 Window Q's

1) Everyone still grease everything with white lithium grease, or is there something better (brake pin grease/sil-glyde etc)?

2) What does the pictured piece do? (Small bracket with sheet metal screw to left of window in picture). On my car it wasn't even fastened down when I removed inner quarter.

IMG_20191025_112330.jpg

Sorry I should have stated the bracket is something for the quarter window on my coupe. Is it simply a resting point for the inner quarter?

I think I'm going to use brake pin grease since it doesn't dry out like lithium.

52 minutes ago, lanky said:

Sorry I should have stated the bracket is something for the quarter window on my coupe. Is it simply a resting point for the inner quarter?

My 69 Grande has brackets similar to the one you have (but not exactly same as your's).The panels sit on them, guess they align the top of the panels to glass.

That's a stop for the window mechanism.  I'm not sure if it's a down stop or an up stop (or both) for the mechanism, but I believe this lets you limit the travel up or down.  Turns out I have one of these for the passenger side quarter that I haven't put in yet (still need to).

7 hours ago, JayEstes said:

That's a stop for the window mechanism.  I'm not sure if it's a down stop or an up stop (or both) for the mechanism, but I believe this lets you limit the travel up or down.  Turns out I have one of these for the passenger side quarter that I haven't put in yet (still need to).

The bracket he is asking about  is couple imches above the window stop.