Sign in to follow this  
hotrod69boss

Sheet metal needed

Hi all. My name is Rod. I need info on 69 Mustang sheet metal. I want the best I can get. I own a 69 Boss302 that was heavily damaged by a HUGE tornado we had in 1979 here in north Texas. I am ready to get my Boss back on the road. I have owned this car since 1973. My wife and I were married in 1975 and drove this car on our honeymoon. It;s the only car we owned. I need both rear quarters,a hood,a roof, and asst. other parts. I will need 70 quarters as the 69 Boss does not have the simulated vent behind the door handles. I have checked Dynacorn and they sound like they sell good metal. I have three 69 stang bodies but do not want to cut them up for parts. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks----Rod

if you want it to be concours, you must buy used original sheet metal with the correct date codes, or cut the date codes out of yours if it is original and weld it into the original replacement parts, otherwise, the dynacorn crap is the only choice i know of. you should also save the spot welds and butt weld the new metal in where possible unless you can have it spot welded where necessary.

Thanks for the reply Caseyrhe. About 20yrs ago I bought a set of front Boss302 fenders. They were the real deal with the rolled fender lips and still had the stripes on them. My paint/body man said he could reskin my doors. I'll keep you in mind as I think I know a guy who could use the doors.

7 hours ago, hotrod69boss said:

Thanks for the reply Caseyrhe. About 20yrs ago I bought a set of front Boss302 fenders. They were the real deal with the rolled fender lips and still had the stripes on them. My paint/body man said he could reskin my doors. I'll keep you in mind as I think I know a guy who could use the doors.

There are no original door skins left left that i know of, so you would have to use the crappy aftermarket skins which may cost as much as nice used original  doors by the time you have the skins installed.