mustangstofear

Bronco

I was making headway until these clown completed screwed up my concrete.  The entire floor will have to be ground down and a self leveling Epoxy on top. Problem is I  have to wait 4 months for it to cure for the Epoxy . Never hire a company that isn't bonded, licensed and insured  :(

20201213_144930.jpg

20201213_144949.jpg

20201213_145110.jpg

20201213_145140.jpg

20201213_145356.jpg

OMG!  That is an awful lay-down of concrete. 

When I did my floor, they told me 1 month before I could start the prep for epoxy paint.  I did that, and the paint turned out great!

Did you manage to bury any bodies or treasure in the concrete?  Is that the top of a boot I see sticking out of the concrete? 

Wow. Bad concrete work is heartbreaking. I feel for ya brother. When I saw the pour pics inside a building, with cold temps, I wondered how long they'd have to wait to finish it. I'm guessing they put too much calcium chloride in it. 

Talked to a 3rd  company today and it's just not worth the time and money to try and grind it.  So we'll probably just replace about 75% of the floor.  We did turn it over to the Sheriff's Department today,  and it looks like this will probably criminal charges rather than civil. 

Maybe you can get them to hammer and remove it chain gang style.

Photos you posted had me pondering what were they using to control level and thickness while they were pouring.

Also i did not see a rotor float, did they pole float that entire floor?

That size refloor will suck time and money.

I do not see any crack joints in the slab. In Minnesota you need them about every 10 feet.   What about pouring a fresh 2 inches on top of this?  About 10 years ago  I did that with stairs I have and it has worked fine.  They also have other plastic materials that will bond to concrete. I have used it to repair sidewalks.   Maybe a thick layer of that?  I have no idea if it would work on a surface this size. It is truly a shame

But the Bronco looks great. What a machine that will be for some lucky person.