Ridge Runner

1969 -70 hood ,with 1971 -73 top

Ridge, we should stop glorifying the idiot and recognize the outstanding job with the hood.  It is awesome, and for sure, your creation.  Thanks for documenting the process. I never realized how much work it was to produce high quality fiberglass products.  Great job!

4 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Yeah ,moving on to the ram air chamber ,it will be a lot of work as well ,probably start next week 

Just make sure you don't violate any copyrights or trademarks :)

On 12/2/2019 at 6:07 PM, Vicfreg said:

They are bullshitting you.  Copyright refers to printed, and other media material, with an "author", who holds the rights.  Trademark refers typically to a phrase, symbol or logo, that is distinctive, and used for business.  And it's certainly not an "invention", which would merit a Patent.   I didn't see the post, but the pictures you showed for fabrication are enough to prove there is no unauthorized use of Intellectual Property.   The Patent on those Ford hoods (if any) expired long ago. Just don't use the word Ford in any advertising.  Tell them to kiss your butt.

That's correct, the only thing that could have been an issue is a "design" patent. That particular type of patent refers to the way an article looks, and they expired long ago.

I made a quick card board pattern of the shape i need . ,doesnt have to extend much . 

I need a sheet of fiberglass for filler so i found an old 67 trunk lid that has the curvature in both directions i need to fill in the void .

The opening of the chamber will be filled and can be cut for any motor and any position needed later so the air cleaner can be positioned for any 69 70.

I still have to make just a quick one time mold from the 71 chamber so i can make a part to cut up and ad to ,i plan on changing the look of the new chamber a lot !

20191206_112721.jpg

20191206_112756.jpg