Ridge Runner

1969 -70 hood ,with 1971 -73 top

3 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Yeah ,i got off that page . I dont know what has happened to ford guys,its like the GM guys moved in  ,they never used to be this way ,if you went to school in the 70s and drove a Mustang and everyone else drove a Camaro as i did ,you know exactly what i mean

Nice work Jim, it looks great. I went to school in the 70's & yes I drove a Mustang.

They are bullshitting you.  Copyright refers to printed, and other media material, with an "author", who holds the rights.  Trademark refers typically to a phrase, symbol or logo, that is distinctive, and used for business.  And it's certainly not an "invention", which would merit a Patent.   I didn't see the post, but the pictures you showed for fabrication are enough to prove there is no unauthorized use of Intellectual Property.   The Patent on those Ford hoods (if any) expired long ago. Just don't use the word Ford in any advertising.  Tell them to kiss your butt.

26 minutes ago, Vicfreg said:

They are bullshitting you.  Copyright refers to printed, and other media material, with an "author", who holds the rights.  Trademark refers typically to a phrase, symbol or logo, that is distinctive, and used for business.  And it's certainly not an "invention", which would merit a Patent.   I didn't see the post, but the pictures you showed for fabrication are enough to prove there is no unauthorized use of Intellectual Property.   The Patent on those Ford hoods (if any) expired long ago. Just don't use the word Ford in any advertising.  Tell them to kiss your butt.

I wasnt worried about that ,i just couldnt figure out why the guy was being such a jack ass ,then i figured it out . Left that page ,but i would have liked to draw him out for what he is ,but then that is face book 

Thats what i cant figure out ,starts a bunch of crap and sets of that little dog and then never replies again ,lost all respect for the guy . 

I have been around a long time and i have seen things that didnt really tickle me with these cars but at least i can respect the effort that was put into it .

I know Tim Shanahan from Sacramento Mustangs ,and my cousin worked for Mustangs Plus and i have done work for both of them ,somthing has changed and made ass hats out of people 

Its amazing how everyone is an asshole outside from this site! 

What difference does it make to any of those clowns what you create from something else!!  I wanna be the first one to buy one off of you. Screw them.

36 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

I dont know what is going through peoples heads ,we just had a shooting behind the house ,i saw the car ,like a silver or pearl white nissan i think ,fired off about 20 rounds and almost hit the neighbor behind us 

Jim, you're in California,  that's the  norm :)

WTF?

Damn, I have missed the sh_t show, this is hilarious. I used to work at Kawasaki Motors USA in the R and D department as a project engineer, so I know at least a little about intellectual property and copyright law because we had to deal with it periodically, and I have no idea what went on, on the faceplant page, but you haven't infringed upon any copyright or intellectual property, but it sounds like you already know that, but you can in fact use the word FORD if you advertise the hoods if you word it correctly like, "This hood fits 1969 and 1970 Mustangs". It's that simple, because you are not claiming it is a Ford licensed product or an original Ford product etc, but just for safety sake, it might be a good idea to talk to a copyright lawyer if you plan to sell these, just to find out the safest way to advertise them to avoid any unnecessary drama. I can't imagine you would have to pay one more than $200.00 for an initial consultation etc, and, there may very well be some internet sights that copyright people post where you might be able to get some info for free just to start with if you want to.

Well i talked with with my cousin ,he is a lawyer ,no infringement of any kind ,but he did inform me that i have a pretty good case fore slander against dip wad . He also informed me that since i am a business  ,if any potential buyer that contacted me and backed out because of dip wads rant ,i could ad the loss of those sales  to the law suit  ,and there just happened to be 10 of them ,he is checking into it all