Ridge Runner

1969 -70 hood ,with 1971 -73 top

1 hour ago, mustangstofear said:

You made the bracket for the saftey  catch almost  like  ours  :) we started with a 2 piece and decided it would be  easier to  install in one piece. 

Yep ,and a bit quicker . I use the same bracket for all my 69 hoods so i am going to have a bunch laser cut 

57 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

...It should come out easy but i have an idea for a puller that i should have made a long time ago.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Plate that bolts to the hinge mounting and extends just behind the mold with a bar that is used for a leaver ,just pull back on the bar and the hood should slide right out  once you lift the back of the hood about a 1/2 inch at the rear ,stayed awake all night thinking about this . 

Whipped up a little handy dandy hood puller this morning ,yanked that sucker right out like a tooth !

Only problem i could find with the hood was i was light on the gel coat on one of the scoops but that is not a problem ,i just have to take a little more care spraying up in there in the mold .

I sat it on the 70 ,nothing bolted down and it just about a perfect fit .i even held the headlight buckets in place to get some pics . I will have to pull out one of my 69 and bolt it all down ,hinges and all 

20191201_085426.jpg

20191201_094517.jpg

20191201_094527.jpg

20191201_094533.jpg

20191201_094604.jpg

20191201_094656.jpg

20191201_094749.jpg

20191201_095042.jpg

20191201_095159.jpg

20191201_095421.jpg

20191201_095505.jpg

7 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Now i am infringing on copy rights haha ,i really have to get off face book haha ,the morons run free there

Unfortunately they don't have  copy rights on fiberglass,  trademark  yes, but even that's hard to  prove.  Now trade Dress is a  whole another ball game.

5 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

Unfortunately they don't have  copy rights on fiberglass,  trademark  yes, but even that's hard to  prove.  Now trade Dress is a  whole another ball game.

Also, if you change it 20% (which you did) nothing can be done. besides, 69 never had a NASA hood so thats all yours. F-facebbok, get off that crap. its just an ahole opinion place

6 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Yeah ,i got off that page . I dont know what has happened to ford guys,its like the GM guys moved in  ,they never used to be this way ,if you went to school in the 70s and drove a Mustang and everyone else drove a Camaro as i did ,you know exactly what i mean

I know exactly. Remember, Chevys are low budget , anyone can own one, you'll find them on front lawns across the country :-)