50dan

Help ID pedal support

6 hours ago, 1969_Mach1 said:

I don't know about years, but to me it looks like the silver one is from a manual brake car and the rusty one is from a power brake car.

Okay that makes sense thanks.  It’s been a while since I’ve messed with any of this stuff.  Trying to get my 69 back together with PDB.

1 hour ago, JET 445 said:

Power brakes use a different pedal and it mounts in the hole at the very top of the support.

I have all the other parts, I just got mixed up on which bracket was correct.  I had a 69 parts car that I took the stuff from.  I just noticed the 2 brackets I had were different.

Manual brake bracket has the weld nuts on it as bolts attach from the engine side of firewall. Studs on power brake booster stick through firewall and get nuts on interior side of firewall. I think 70 pedal supports have a wider plate that interfaces with the lower dash than the 69 support otherwise they're the same.

Silver one is '69. Rusty one looks like a '70, can't see enough of it in the picture.

Can be used for either power or manual brakes, with auto or manual brake pedal.   Automatic brake pedal is longer and pivots from the upper hole.  Your rusty one has an upper hole that looks like had a washer on it, so probably an automatic car.   There are posts on the Technical Forum from a few years ago with details on all this.