Hux

1/4 Panel to Door Profile question

Hi folks

It may seem like a random question and I know if I went out and bought a profile guage (which I will) I could answer the question...but!  Is the lower door profile pretty much the same profile as the front of the rear quarter panel ie the area between the wheel arch and the B pillar?

I want to keep as much original sheet metal as possible on my 70 quarters - the lower front of the wheel arch is rusted and there is some old damage just behind the B pillar area so the original profile is a bit off to get an easy feel of it. 

My original door is beaten up on the front edge from an old crash so I can sacrifice the skin to the quarter patch as well.

Mine is a Mach 1 so the mould will cover the lower section - mainly interested in the area above that lower body line.

A290D173-720E-44C9-9BDA-0368D47BE32B.jpeg

Thanks RR.  

Biggest problem is that no Australian stockists have the 1/4 panel skin which cover the lower section only fully quarters or the wheel arch section.  Unfortunately the wheel arch section doesn’t go low enough so need to manufacture the last section of the arch.  

55 minutes ago, Hux said:

Thanks RR.  

Biggest problem is that no Australian stockists have the 1/4 panel skin which cover the lower section only fully quarters or the wheel arch section.  Unfortunately the wheel arch section doesn’t go low enough so need to manufacture the last section of the arch.  

Try these guys they may have what you are looking for.

http://mustangpanels.com.au/

55 minutes ago, Hux said:

Thanks guys.  The subtle transition may be a difficult bit to form.

On the off chance that anyone has say the last 12” of the front lower quarters out the quarter panel they have replaced and could supply I will actually be in Seattle and then San Fran between 19 & 27 Oct.

18 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

It may be a little hard to see in this pic . 

You would not believe how many i have had to remove bondo from ,only to find there is no dent there ,people think it is a dent or a crease  a fill it in

20190923_081948.jpg

So below the body line there is really only a slight bulge out to the wheel arch?