Sign in to follow this  
Rcodenewf

Bilstein part numbers needed

Just deciding on what shocks to put in my friends 70 convertible 351C.  Car will be used on the street for pleasure and no track time.

Was thinking of the bilstein street shocks but couldn't find part numbers.

Looking for individual part numbers for the front and back.

Thanks...John

Another  great  solution  would be  Ride Tech. You could  go with the  bolt on coilover, which  would be  the cheapest. We have  installed  these  for customers  before and was very happy.  Next if your  pocket can afford it would be their  latest in the video. I highly recommend  buying  from a  company that  ACTUALLY  installs  what they sell :)

5 hours ago, SWPruett said:

Give a call to Shaun at Street or Track.  He is a Bilstein master distributor and specializes in the Mustang applications and build "real" suspension solutions.

Will Shaun divulge that info? I once asked him what brand rod ends he uses, he said he couldn't say because it was proprietary. Hmm...

I must tell this story of maybe how cheap I actually am.  I bought my 69 convert in about 1984.  I bought new Monroe shocks for it with a " Lifetime Guarantee" in about 1985.  Last month I installed new Monroe shocks ( all four) for the 5th time since I bought my car. I have the records.  About every 6 years or so.   Every time I do it the new shocks are free; zero cost because of the guarantee.  I bet Monroe hates those like me, taking advantage or their programs.   Maybe they are not the best shocks, but when you can get new ones every 6 or 7 years for zero cost, it is hard to consider other options.   

Last month the would have cost me $170 if I had not had the guarantee. 

23 hours ago, RPM said:

Will Shaun divulge that info? I once asked him what brand rod ends he uses, he said he couldn't say because it was proprietary. Hmm...

Well.....given that "Bilstein" is carved all over many of the shocks in his kits, and the fact that they are considered one of the "premium" shocks available, I doubt he'd have any issue discussing anything in the Bilstein inventory.  But......that's why I suggest calling.  Takes away the guesswork.