Sign in to follow this  
Caseyrhe

Blinker switch plug

Ahhhhh.  I built a very special tool for extracting those pins.  Forget the NPD tool; it doesn't work at all.  Here's what you do:

Get a flat bladed jeweler's screwdriver and put it against a grinder, grinding about 3/4" of an inch from the tip but only on one side of the flat, leaving the other side original.  Slip that puppy in between the pin and the plastic to bend the locking tab inwards and Bob's Your Uncle (Uncle RPM??).  It also works on male pins simply by pushing in the locking tab.

The Ford Shop Manual recommends a Bic empty pen case for male pins; I don't think it will work for female pins.

10 hours ago, Caseyrhe said:

Do you have a pic you could share of the uncle buck rpm tool u built for reference 

Unfortunately, no I don't.  And the tool is in storage while repairs are being made to the house and garage...

Use a flat head jewelers screwdriver, slip it in the opposite side (180) of the split opening of the connector. Looking down, you'll see the spit I'm referring to. Once it is slide in (between the plastic side wall and connector pin), angle it out so the tip will push the retaining tab in. All that is holding the pin is a small tab that is bent out to prevent the pin from being pulled. Once you successful do this you'll need to pry the tab back out prior to reinserting it.  

5 hours ago, 69Stanger408 said:

Use a flat head jewelers screwdriver, slip it in the opposite side (180) of the split opening of the connector. Looking down, you'll see the spit I'm referring to. Once it is slide in (between the plastic side wall and connector pin), angle it out so the tip will push the retaining tab in. All that is holding the pin is a small tab that is bent out to prevent the pin from being pulled. Once you successful do this you'll need to pry the tab back out prior to reinserting it.  

Exactedly!  Just make the screwdriver a bit thinner so it will fit in the hole a lot easier.