Mike65

Starter cable retainer bracket locations.

Now that the engine & trans are in the Coupe it is time to start doing some wiring. I have to run the starter wire from the solenoid to the starter & there is either one or two brackets that hold the starter cable off the engine & the frame. I tried a Google search & came up with nothing, my 69 Coupe has a 302. I think the cable brackets go under one of the oil pan bolts, am I correct? pics would be great.

Not to the oil pan.  For my 428 car the bracket's function was/is to keep the exhaust manifold and the cable separated.  I elected to run my cable below the motor mount.  I used the existing MM bolts and  just added Teflon nuts.  FWIW the 69 bracket is longer than the 70.  Brian

69 Starter cable Bracket G.JPG

Mike, if you use a mini-starter, I typically run the battery ground to the starter mounting bolt. Then run a separate large wire from the other starter bolt to the frame.   Those little ground straps are useless.   I also use DEI cable heat barrier on the wires to avoid the issue that Phil is describing.