69Mallory

Wiper Motor/Painless Wiring

Good morning all!  First post on here.  I have recently inherited a 69 and am trying to get it road worthy.  This weekend I went thru the wiring front to back and fixed numerous issues.  One thing that is alluding me is how to wire in the wiper motor to the provided wires in the Painless Harness.   The Painless manual says match-up to color in original plug, however the colors aren't the same haha.  The Painless wires are Black, Red, White, and Blue.  The original plug is Red, Black, Green?, and Yellow?  When I tested it one of the positions in the switch works, if I switch the White and Blue wires, the OTHER position in the switch works.  I can't get both to work...  How should I be wiring this in?  Thanks!

First: How I currently have it set

Second: Wire routing according to Painless

Third: Pic provided by Painless

Image-27.png

Image-28.png

Image-29.png

The bottom part of the following page shows how the wipers  work. Its a schematic, not a wire diagram, but the wire colors are shown. You will need to figure out how the Painless wires connect to your wiper switch (which are run, hi, lo, park and pump) and then you should be able to figure it out.

s9fUTU6.png

Its a schematic, which is intended to show you how it works, while a wire diagram shows you how it is wired- they are different things. You probably need both- I'm sure you could download a free wire diagram on line. The schematic is the only one of its kind, but I made it available on the Mustang sites I frequent, I hope it helps.

Ready do to same, you connected it how?? Also, I replaced the switch but found the bezel piece that screws into the switch from the face does not work, had to go back to original switch. Did you run into same? The bezal piece would only grab the last thread, tried two new ones, maybe the switch has a bad thread?