Midlife

Interesting Bumper Stickers

There is a poor snowflake driving that car, and his mother made him what he is....  so, the spot where his bumper sticker is located is where you aim, downshift the F-250, floor it, and run into the back of the car while yelling...."Redneck Mother..."   

Then you offer to put your "Goat Ropers Need Love Too**"  bumper sticker over that one, where the large dent is....

(**This is a not so subtle Jerry Jeff Walker/Ray Wylie Hubbard/ David Allen Coe reference...)

Vigfreg … thanks for that … got turned on to JJW in the late 70's.   My cousin who was the shop forman would switch the radio station at work from rock to country to piss everyone off in the shop.   I ended up liking a bunch of the songs of the era including JJW's Pissing in the Wind.  

Ended up seeing him a few times with my wife in the 90's.   Best was at Biddy Muligan's in Evanston IL where the stage was like 10 ft away from the side of the bar where we were sitting … nothing like watching a show and just spinning around on your stool when you need another drink.   Other times we saw him at Summerfest in Milwaukee.   Think we own almost everything he ever recorded.

Doug