Debbie

Door grommet

If you do not need the whole harness, either midlife or I can maybe supply them.  Are you sure they are not on the wires, maybe the whole thing slipped inside the door or door frame?  Follow the wires on the inside and see if the grommet is there, hidden from view. 

No I do not have the grommets on the wire harness because I installed a new painless performance harness for the entire car. My mechanic threw out the old harness and That’s why I don’t have them. 

On 8/2/2019 at 3:29 PM, danno said:

If you do not need the whole harness, either midlife or I can maybe supply them.  Are you sure they are not on the wires, maybe the whole thing slipped inside the door or door frame?  Follow the wires on the inside and see if the grommet is there, hidden from view. 

Do you have the grommets?

12 hours ago, Debbie said:

I replaced my harness and the mechanic threw out the door harness with the grommets 

That is a real shame they got tossed out.  The other problem I can see is getting the wire connections on the end of the wires through the little hole in them.  I have a cable with the grommets molded onto it.    Does Painless have a solution? 

You are probably better off getting used complete harnesses.  I say this because the original door harnesses have a lot of plastic channels that bolt to the inside of the door.  This keeps the wiring from interfering with the window and window regulator mechanism.  New harnesses are fine if you still have all those plastic channels or can also get the plastic channels.

If I recall correctly, those channels are not easily removed from the harness assembly, so they are probably gone as well.  My go to place for stuff like that is Perogie Enterprises.  Some say their prices are high.  But I have only found that to be on the more rare items that are expensive everywhere and not the commonly found items.