BigDuke6

capless filler tank spill over

my 2019 Volvo V90 does not have a gas cap.  It has an internal mechanism such that when I am filling up and the tank gets to full, I get the automatic shut off.  I have no gas cap to screw on and I go on my way.  My 1969 mustang, is the complete opposite.  Is there any way to retrofit a similar such mechanism on the 69 filler neck so I can avoid spilling over when filling up and ditch the gas cap?

My 2018  F150 has that too, but its behind a door. Are you thinking of adding a door to your 69?

Mine used to spill over just about every time I filled it, and I've had it since it was new. There are several fixes for that, one of which I posted a few years back. One of the guys here came up with a kit I did a search but came up dry: 1965-70 Mustang and Cougar Fuel Filler Neck Insert Kit, and I couldn't find my own post either. You might try the same search on Stang Fix.com

Yep that's my version above, but I still can't find the post on the kit for the fuel filler neck insert. He used the same insert I found, used a hydraulic device to make it smaller in diameter and then he didn't need to cut the tube like I did. Oh well, mine works, its just more work.

I'm still doing them, just not advertising.

Shipping a complete modified neck to Germany is expensive, as I found out when I quoted a guy earlier this year.   Shipping cost of one vs. two or three was the same so he was trying to find a few others to share the shipping cost.   Have not heard back from him though.

Here are the shipping costs I got for one neck to Germany back in March:

Priority Mail (6-10 Days) ... $83.00 USD
or
First Class Package (time varies) ... $44.00 USD

BigDuke6 if you are interested, PM me your email address as well as "ship-to" address and I'll send you over all the info as well as the cost of shipping.

Doug 

You would be shipping to an APO so whatever the priority mail costs in the US would be. 

In in other news, I have to do this from my iPhone because both my laptop and iPad give me the following “account suspended” message. Can anybody help me out of this?

B5DC51F1-F9E7-4739-8EB4-99C4E6A06276.png

1 hour ago, BigDuke6 said:

You would be shipping to an APO so whatever the priority mail costs in the US would be. 

Well that simplifies things !!

A 1969 Mustang Zinc Plated Neck with insert installed is $97.00 + $14.00 USPS = $111.00 Total USD funds.

I've attached the Price List in case your car is not a '69 which has all the details including my contact info and also has pictures.

Also attached are the instructions I follow in modding these necks in case you want to do the mod yourself on your existing filler neck.

Thanks,

Doug 

Fuel Filler Neck & Insert Kit Price list.pdf Fuel Filler Insert Instructions-R5.pdf

let me get my vernier caliper out and see what size tube filler I got.. I replaced the gas tank 15 years ago and I ain't fer sure iffen I dint swapify that out too.

3 hours ago, BigDuke6 said:

let me get my vernier caliper out and see what size tube filler I got.. I replaced the gas tank 15 years ago and I ain't fer sure iffen I dint swapify that out too.

you still got a vernier caliper? You got a flip phone too? image.png.c9e0eab1191af0d40e473de1a032d0ea.png

40 minutes ago, Mach1 Driver said:

you still got a vernier caliper? You got a flip phone too? image.png.c9e0eab1191af0d40e473de1a032d0ea.png

you should see the puzzled looks in the "kids"" faces when I pull out the mil dot master when shooting distance.  They have lasers for that and cannot fathom why I do it this way.