Jake26

351 WINDSOR to 428 scj

Yes, will need the mtr mount perch brackets for a big block, they look the same from a distance, but are indeed different. You will also need to start customizing wrenches and shrinking your hands to fit in the limited work spaces. Power steering hose support bracket is also different

I was just at my monthly Mustang club meeting over the weekend and one of the guys brought his 69 GT500, which of course is a 428 Cobra Jet. He says he has to take  the export brace off to change the plugs. He was complaining about too little radiator for too big an engine. He added an electric fan for the main radiator and added a separate trans cooler with its own fan.

Another guy showed up with his 69 GT350 which is a 351W.  Imagine that, two Shelbys in the same club! It was originally ordered by Hertz to become a rental car, but their insurance changed and they never took delivery so the dealer drove it for a year and then sold it to our club member. He would routinely run away from the police until after five such instances they figured out where he lived.

You can change the plugs without removing the export brace, just need a swivel head ratchet. I feel the hardest part is getting the plug wires off and on. Over heating can be an issue on a block bored .60 over, but with the 4 core radiator and therm, my temp usually runs around 180-190 in the Texas heat.