Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Ididit 69 tilt column in a 70?

Has anyone used the 1969 ididit column in a 70 Mustang before? I know the upper column mount brackets are different, maybe the brake/clutch pedal support, and the 69 has the key on the dash versus the 70 on the column. Also wondering if you can retain the stock rag joint or if you HAVE to buy the Ididit brand rag joint?

My thought is this.....buy 1969 Ididit column but use the 69 factory parts to install it in my 70 and figure out the ignition part later. Push button ,under dash key, etc... I've been looking at aftermarket columns for a few days now and I'm noticing their isn't a lot on the aftermarket for a 70 direct replacement.

Apologies for asking this question f it's been asked before. The search option on this page pulls up a ton of stuff with nothing associated to my question.

2 hours ago, danno said:

I can easily get you dimensions of a stock 69 tilt column if it helps.  I have a spare. 

Thanks but no thanks.

I own a 70 and am a big guy but don't want to spent $800-$1200 for a tilt column. I noticed that Ididit makes a complete tilt column for a 1969 Mustang and was wondering if it could be compatible with a 70 if I were to use the 69 brackets and relocate the ignition.