Sign in to follow this  
ksquared

Trunk weatherstrip question

I'm ready to install new weatherstrip on my trunk lid. I watched the CJ Pony video but they are doing a 65 which looks a little different. On the 65, it looks kinda obvious where the new weatherstrip should go. When I looked an my 69, it didn't appear that simple. The issue is the sides. It looks like the weatherstrip needs to be offset a bit as in the picture below in order to fit the depression. Anyone have a picture of their trunk lid so I can see how it fits?

2a.jpg

Starting to wonder if the weatherstrip should be glued to the car and not the trunk lid. Someone here with a fast back that can confirm? Otherwise I'll drop the gas tank (replacing anyway) and examine/mark from inside. I have this style of weatherstrip:

w1.jpg

3 hours ago, ksquared said:

Starting to wonder if the weatherstrip should be glued to the car and not the trunk lid. Someone here with a fast back that can confirm? Otherwise I'll drop the gas tank (replacing anyway) and examine/mark from inside. I have this style of weatherstrip:

w1.jpg

As far as remember, it is glued to trunk on fastback (also same for coupe and vert).