RobotMan

Mysterious Dash Panel Hole

Wondering if anyone could tell me where to hook wire from parking brake switch into main harness on top of lower dash. I only have a 2 wire (green with white stripe available) single female plug available. I found the attached schematic but not clear what to do. 

Thanks

Rick

7204E19B-8ABE-4D34-A829-047A2F6197F0.jpeg

A68B0058-1458-42A7-8786-FBEA79C1A9FE.jpeg

Parking Brake Light goes to the Fuse Panel; if it came with it from the factory, there should be a pigtail with a triple YELLOW female plug coming off the fuse block (as shown in the diagram).   This fuse & triple plug only came on cars with Parking Brake light, Seat Belt light, or other accessory options (cruise control or tilt-away wheel may plug in here too).   Cars without just had the one end of the fuse holder in the fuse block.     

Been a while since i messed with dash wiring (2011) so I can't remember what that green & yellow stripe / red female terminal goes to ... possibly under dash light or door light ??

Doug

11 minutes ago, stangs-R-me said:

Parking Brake Light goes to the Fuse Panel; if it came with it from the factory, there should be a pigtail with a triple YELLOW female plug coming off the fuse block (as shown in the diagram).   This fuse & triple plug only came on cars with Parking Brake light, Seat Belt light, or other accessory options (cruise control or tilt-away wheel may plug in here too).   Cars without just had the one end of the fuse holder in the fuse block.     

Been a while since i messed with dash wiring (2011) so I can't remember what that green & yellow stripe / red female terminal goes to ... possibly under dash light or door light ??

Doug

Ok that makes sense. The plug is the auxiliary bus bar from fuse panel. Thanks for the help. 

On 7/8/2019 at 11:00 AM, barnett468 said:

Do you have a factory tachometer.

I may have the light assy and the switch and the connecting wire.

I do not have a tach. Do you have the light, bezel, and wiring harness?  I need to find one. 

thanks

Rick

They are hard to find and if you do they are pretty expensive. There are 2 on eBay currently at like $175 each plus shipping. Scott Drake did make the reproduction outer bezel but they have discontinued it. I wanted to get a new one for mine to replace the worn chrome but can’t now. 

I must be losing my mind...

My coupe doesn't have any holes there, and I thought it has a dash indicator saying "brake" that lights up until brake is released.

I will have to check tomorrow for sanity reassurance.

I found a parking brake warning light Assembly  today from a donor car my buddy had. It was sitting in a field for who knows how long. Felt like I won the lottery!  I was explaining to my son how it worked and he wanted to see it light up. I told him I surely needed to get a bulb. But we tried anyway and connected to battery and I was shocked when it lit up like a Christmas tree. I was amazed!  Don’t know how old that bulb is but WOW!

The correct bulb is a # 256 which is a FLASHER.   For a while they were NLA from the local auto parts store, but I recently found NPD selling them.   

Mine had burned out so I stole the bulb from a spare PB Light set that is for my brother's car ... glad I could finally replace the bulb I borrowed !!

Doug