Sign in to follow this  
Thin Lizzy

Leak from radiator

Hi All,

was hoping someone could please help, there's a leak from the front radiator as shown below.  I'm no mechanic but should I just tighten up the bolt closest to the radiator or is it time for a new radiator?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Mark.

file-34.jpg

Thanks for your help.  Could there be a leak around the tranny line where it meets the radiator.  Can’t see leaks from anywhere else.

I’ve bought some Holts Radweld, not sure if it’s detrimental to the engine.   Need it to plug the hole till I can get it to the Mechanic 20 miles away.

166770?w=637&h=403

Like Barnett mentioned, first determine where the leak is coming from.  Clean up that mess, run the motor, drive the car a few miles and double check.  I'd also check the trans fluid just to be certain coolant is not getting into the trans fluid from a leaking trans cooler inside the radiator.  These work good for stopping minor coolant leaks and do not clog cooling systems.  They will make the coolant look a little muddy in color.

th?id=OP.vPafTAp7mt5B7w474C474&w=300&h=3