TexasEd

Replacing radiator on early 69 302 car

Question for u guys if I was running a 70 block in a 65 mustang and I know I have to switch the water pump to the passenger side of the engine but could I still use the alternator brackets from  the driver side to passenger side outlet thanks 

On 10/26/2022 at 9:24 PM, Zachary said:

Question for u guys if I was running a 70 block in a 65 mustang and I know I have to switch the water pump to the passenger side of the engine but could I still use the alternator brackets from  the driver side to passenger side outlet thanks 

Sorry so late on this but I think you could do it either way and there are pros and cons.  Depends on what you are starting with.  I thought that the engine block does not care which water pump you use but I'm no expert.  You just have to be consistent on pump, radiator, brackets, etc.

If you want it to look correct then passenger side.

If you don't care and don't have a radiator, brackets or water pump yet then I would do it to the drivers side and get 70 brackets.