newstang

Convertible top parts needed

I am trying to figure out what you are missing.  Is the upper arrow pointing to the hydraulic piston connection, and the lower is where the piston body connects?  It does not look right.   I  think the plate that is missing would be easy to make, and the pins can be replaced with bolts and locking nut.  I will see if I can get photos of mine. 

This is the plate you are missing.  It is a simple piece of flat steel with 3 holes in it.  You could copy the one on the driver's side and have it made.  Use hex head shoulder screws and locking nuts instead of pins. Search for them on McMaster Carr web site. 

100_0616[1].JPG

I actually did make the part, i just made a copy of the opposite side.

the pin that was missing for he piston couldnt be found. scott drake makes a set but its not for 69, the pin is 1" in the kit, we need 1.5"

I found a longer one and cut it down too.

I understand.  I happen to have a complete extra convert top mechanical pieces.  I found it 40 years ago and put it in storage.  I figured i would be covered if a tree would fall on mine.