Sign in to follow this  
bryonbush

thoughts on selling fastback

so I'm Mildly entertaining the idea of selling my FB to fund an overhaul on my convertible. I would really love to keep both, but I don't have the time of funds to manage two projects playing single dad. I'm not sure what is a fair moving price on it. I have my idea, but interested in what yall think it would bring.

AAW harness, rear drum brakes, new brake and fuel lines, wildwood 12" 6piston fronts. new upper & lower control arms, tie rods, rebuilt steering box, new backup lights, 24" chamption 2 row radiator, high flow Tuff Stuff water pump. Dakota Digital gauges, 1" sway bar, adjustable struts, Mini starter, 4 speed top loader, roller brake/clutch pedal and roller clutch rod, new clutch, new interior dome lights, new manual power brake booster. have factory front and rear seats that have been removed. front seats are Corbeau FX1 Pros. 9" 31 spline rear end with Detroit locker. new front valance. Viking double adjustable front coilovers and viking double adjustable rear shocks. New leaf spring bushings.

floors are in really great shape. does have some holes that were cut by the PO by the rear quarters on both sides for rust. Southern Kalifornia and Texas car its whole life.

Well the convertible is done up very nicely. For me to get to get the fastback to that level will cost a lot of money and time. Both of which I dont have right now. My thinking was to sell the sportroof, to fund an overhaul of the motor, new brakes, rewire, and AC. 

I did list the vert a while back on a few month ago on a few websites. I think with me living in Lubbock, which is just far enough away from any major cities, I couldn't attract the crowd like it could have. That would leave me to something like ebay which I'm not sure I want to do. 

20190518_114643.jpg

20190518_114659.jpg

20190518_114635.jpg

On 6/28/2019 at 8:47 PM, bryonbush said:

I did list the vert a while back on a few month ago on a few websites. I think with me living in Lubbock, which is just far enough away from any major cities, I couldn't attract the crowd like it could have. That would leave me to something like ebay which I'm not sure I want to do.

Why do you not want to use Ebay?

On 7/2/2019 at 10:13 PM, tim42 said:

I feel your pain but tell us about the tail lights on the vert.  Home made or those ones from England?

Hey Tim, they are the ones from England. Super bright which is nice but one think I wasnt impressed with is the reflectors inside all came undone from the cheap double sided tape they use. I ended up having to take care out the lights and gluing them in. 

16 hours ago, barnett468 said:

Why do you not want to use Ebay?

Honestly I'm not sure. I bought the vert off ebay, grandpa sold his 51 and 34 on there. Guess I just prefer to talk and sell to someone face to face

15 hours ago, bryonbush said:

I bought the vert off ebay, grandpa sold his 51 and 34 on there. 

Your grandpa sold a 34 Ford on eBay without offering it to us here first? That's a felony I'm thinking. 

On 7/5/2019 at 1:33 AM, RPM said:

Your grandpa sold a 34 Ford on eBay without offering it to us here first? That's a felony I'm thinking. 

Technically my dad did for him. And it was well before my adventures into Mustangs. Both his cars were impeccable restorations that would win awards everywhere he went. So much so he stopped bringing them to shows. He ended up with parkinsons and as time went on, turned into dementia. The last straw was him "working" on the car fixing an issue that he had back on the car many moons back. My grandmother told my dad to sell them and unfortunately for my dad, who grew up restoring the 34, didnt have the time, or drive to keep it around due to him having to take care of gramps. Sad story all the way around but its life. 

If you have a friend in a larger city that will hold the car for you, you can take it there and list it locally there, then setup people to come see it on the weekends (so you can be there)

5 hours ago, Rsanter said:

If you have a friend in a larger city that will hold the car for you, you can take it there and list it locally there, then setup people to come see it on the weekends (so you can be there)

I listed it online in a few places. Had a lot of interest in it, but one guy said it wasnt worth the day trip. Guess we'll see what happens.