Rindelmach1

package tray pic for 69 mach 1

There is a trim metal U shaped bar that goes across the top of the back seat and covers the leading edge of the tray.  The tray screws into the top of the seat.  I think this picture shows you have that right.  Then the U shaped bar goes on top of that.  There are plastic trim corners at each end.  I couldnt find them in any of the catalogues but some one on  here had an extra set.

I'll try to take a couple of pictures of the corners and post them here.

I bought a plastic trim cover for the rear tray.  It gets shingled by the metal trim piece also.  The speakers mount in the plastic trim cover.

2 hours ago, newstang said:

dont use that as a reference, the tray is upside down

Read the complete thread. ASSUMING this we are talking about a non-foldown there is some good info and a couple of good def links...

Yes I have a non fold down Mach 1.    And the tray shown at the top is upside down.  

When you fit in the tray play with its placement and the hockey sticks that are the trim edges.  To get them to fit well it takes some finesse.  I hand fit all the pieces before I put the screws in the package tray.  Mine needed new holes to mount it in the back.  Not sue where the fit was off.

You can see in the picture the metal bar across the back seat.   It nests with the plastic corner piece which is supposed to nest better with the quarter trim panel.  Mine doesnt fit well.  It should but up against the plastic corner piece.  

IMG_7960.jpg

@ralt962 - that is the picture i was looking for. Hard to believe that I couldn't find a close up on the internet that would show what goes across the back seat.  Do you know if I can buy that bar anywhere? I searched ebay, NPD, cjpony and found everything else but that. 

BTW - is that a different style package tray than stock?

The plastic package tray is from CJPony parts.  It has two speaker risers molded in.  I installed a set of Panasonic speakers.

I could not find the bar nor the plastic corners.  Fortunately I found them here.  Some of the guys on line had extra parts that I purchased.  

Not sure why no one makes them.  Although most restored cars have the fold down seat.  

Glad the pic helped.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:52 AM, Rindelmach1 said:

@ralt962 - that is the picture i was looking for. Hard to believe that I couldn't find a close up on the internet that would show what goes across the back seat.  Do you know if I can buy that bar anywhere? I searched ebay, NPD, cjpony and found everything else but that. 

BTW - is that a different style package tray than stock?

I have an extra metal trim piece and maybe the corner pieces. sent you a pm.

Are you talking about the bad that goes across the back of the seat or the side pieces that bridge between the bard and the side trim?

I did check the usual sources and didnt find anything. Someone from this site had the end trim parts.  Good group of people here.  

Suggest adding a note to the parts wanted forum.