Sign in to follow this  
MN69Grande

RoadKill got a 1969 Mustang and are finally doing something nice to it

You need to subscribe to MotorTrendOnDemand.com to see the whole episode.  But a year or maybe 2 ago the RoadKill crew found a 69 Mustang in a junk yard in Colorado.  They got it running for a couple miles and that was the end of the first episode.  Then in another video they slapped another motor into it and killed that motor.  The Frieburger sent it off for rust repair and now they are putting in a good Drive Train.  I'm kind of excited to see end result.  It sounds like they want to make it a reliable daily but leave all the patina and bit of the nastiness of 30+ years in the junkyard.  Just for fun I sent them an email about the site.. who knows maybe they'll start a build thread (probably not).

On 6/19/2019 at 3:04 PM, bigmal said:

Nice work on the engine but the engine bay looks a little half arse. Sanded and pressure pack. I don't hold much hope for the rest of the restoration.

These guys don't restore like you might be accustomed to.  But, their show, Roadkill, is great.  I watch it every week.  They pulled that Mach 1 out of a wrecking yard on an earlier episode.  They worked on it in the wrecking yard for a few days to get it running and driving and drove it out.