tgwise

1969 Mustang E'

Who's ever heard of them ?

I just finished restoring one.  Very rare.  Most people have not heard of them.  If you have the Mustang Times February issue check it out.  

I just wanted to share this rare car with you.  

overheadshot.jpg

mustangtimescenter.jpg

Yeah every couple years an article or two pops up about these.  The production numbers were supposedly really low. I read once only 50 of them sold.  I think they had strange gearing like 2.30 and a high stall converter.  0-60 in the mid 13 second range.  At least they tried something.

Yes,  I have been researching them for the last 4 1/2 years.  I bought one without knowing what it was until the resto started.  

2:33 rear gears , 1" larger torque converter and a few other items.  All you cannot see except for the Mustang E' decal that is on the rear quarters.    Very rare.  No one has seen one until I started showing mine this season.  

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Very nice work on the restoration! Since the E stands for economy, what kind of mileage does it get?

Beat me to it Bob … was going to ask the same thing !!

Thanks for sharing OP … very nice car.

Doug

After getting to drive more and breaking in the motor it is getting 27 mpg.  Also,  not the fastest but it gets me where I am going with confidence.   I have not once had to adjust anything on this motor after around 1,200 miles or so.   I do love that.