capemustang

Turn Signals Won't Cancel w/ New Steering Wheel

I need a little help please with my turn signal cancellation issue.  I recently installed a new steering wheel on my 1969. The new steering while is a Volante 9 bolt steering wheel (steering wheel and adaptor).  After the installation, the turn signals would still cancel although not as good as before the new steering wheel.  After two days, they will not cancel at all unless I manually cancel both turn signals (right and left).  I have removed the new steering wheel to check the turn signal cancel cam. It is intact and appears to function. I think I have the steering lined up properly but the signal won't cancel. I am not sure what I else I need to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

There is only one roll pin but it appears to be too short. I have another set that I am going to transfer over and see if it will work.  My steering wheel has a different cancel cam than shown by Danno. My cancel cam is there and appears to be functioning. Thanks to everyone's suggestions, hints, etc., it appears to be the roll pins.  I am going to see if I can get them adjusted properly later today or tomorrow.  

With the help of everyone on this website and vintage-mustang forum, I now have functioning turn signal cancellation. Sometimes its the little things in life that make you smile !  I actually did have the same part that Danno posted.  The issue was that my earlier steering wheel had an approximate ⅛-¼ inch gap while the new steering wheel hub has an approximate ½ inch gap.  The gap prevented the cancellation. I installed two new roll pins which are long enough to reach the cancellation cam. It works well now. Thank you again for your help. I really do appreciate it.