Sign in to follow this  
rwcstang

Dyno'd My Mustang, Numbers are in

Hello All!

So this past Sunday, I dyno'd my mustang so far the numbers are Decent, I was expecting more rwhp but at least I know where I am at.

The car was dyno'd on 91 pump gas in 90-95 degree weather.

basic engine mods:

351w Stroker to a 393w

195 Avenger Heads

stock block w/ Girdle

stock oil pump

750 Holley DP Mechanical Secondaries

Weiand Stealth Intake

Hooker Headers w/ Magnaflow X-pipe

tko600 w/ ford 9 3:50's (Trutrac)

Summit Ready to Run Distributor with MSD 8 mm wires.

I am wondering, is there more room for power to the wheels? with the dyno numbers, looks like I'm making roughly 390hp 410+ tq to the crank

IMG_9622.JPG

@RPM

So this is probably the only thing I dont have info on. I posted my build sheet a couple months back but there was no Cam Specs. I called the shop multiple times but even the tech's that had my build sheet couldn't help me. I know its a somewhat of a mild cam from the sound of it, but I couldn't tell you the specs for it.

all I could find was this is a retro fitted-hydraulic roller cam. I think to get more power, I would need to change the heads and cam.

I'd also ask what is the static compression ratio of the motor?  You should definitely know that before doing a cam swap.  Old school to make more power is increase cylinder pressure by increasing the static compression ratio.  A more aggressive cam with a low compression motor will make things worse.  I like the Weiand Stealth intake and use one myself.  But the runners are fairly small near the exit at the cylinder head.  I'm sure there is a limit on what power it's capable of supporting.  I don't know if it helped or not but I at least gasket matched and blended the intake runners at the runner exits to match my cylinder heads.

as mentioned, it would be helpful to know what your compression is. it is possible that simply bolting on higher ratio rocker arms will give you more power, but without the cam and head flow info, it would just be trial and error.

also, your ignition timing needs to be set to the optimum level for your particular engine to get the most power out of it.

if you have a vacuum secondary carb, you can probably get more mid range power by installing a lighter secondary spring.

Your numbers aren't bad from what I've seen/read before, but I'd bet there's more on the table with a cam. You're making tons of torque below 2500rpm which is dang good!

Depending on the heads and CR, your torque curve is extremely flat-- indicating it could probably handle a cam with more duration to breathe better up top and get more power yet still be very streetable. Need to know CR/clearances Notice how around 4200-5000rpm the HP curve has already flattened a bunch. I'd bet some tweaks could net you 20hp or more between that range in the powerband--which is alot!