Kris

69 Convertible build

On 1/5/2021 at 8:20 PM, Kris said:

I’m located just outside of Tulsa, OK. I’m hoping to have it done in the first of the summer. My progress has slowed a little with the holidays and the cold weather. 

come on, "cold weather"?   You have no idea of cold weather. I am in Minneapolis. I need to chip the ice off the bathtub before I can take a shower.  

As I have a 69 Vert myself, I really appreciate others who value the worth.  You are certianly putting a tremendous amount of work into this. I bought mine almost 40 years ago in Dallas, so I did not need all the work you did. I certainly would not have been able to put that amount of work into a project as you have.  Great job!  Put your son to work on it, he should enjoy tinkering with this stuff.  I know I did when I worked with my Grandfather in the 1970 era. 

By the way, my car was originally the factory Green color, like yours. I changed it to the Factory Candy Red.  Now that I see what the green can do ,  I almost regret it. Maybe some year I will return to green? 

Danno

I’ve enjoyed following your progress.  I have a 69 convertible ( Wimbledon white). I love the green, though  .  Someone has a green one beautifully restored in the houston area. I had a question about firewall insulation. What did you use? Mine doesn’t  have any and it I feel it In The summer months. (Photo of green mustang is not mine.  Mine is the white one and not as beautifully fully restored as yours.)

IMG_6804.JPG

IMG_6199.PNG

Capemustang I purchased the reproduction firewall insulation pad. It has a pad material on one side and a thick rubber backing on the other. I can’t remember where I got it from as it was a few years ago when I was gathering parts. I looked and CJ’s has one for $58 that looks like what I have. It’s precut so you just pop out the holes you need for stuff going through the firewall. The only problem I had was I was missing a couple of the holes where the push in plugs go. Also the push in plugs that hold it in place are very hard to get in. I ended up having to lightly lube the rubber so it would slide through. 

21 hours ago, Kris said:

Capemustang I purchased the reproduction firewall insulation pad. It has a pad material on one side and a thick rubber backing on the other. I can’t remember where I got it from as it was a few years ago when I was gathering parts. I looked and CJ’s has one for $58 that looks like what I have. It’s precut so you just pop out the holes you need for stuff going through the firewall. The only problem I had was I was missing a couple of the holes where the push in plugs go. Also the push in plugs that hold it in place are very hard to get in. I ended up having to lightly lube the rubber so it would slide through. 

Thank you very much for the information and the tips for installing it.  Looking forward to seeing your future progress on your car.  

Been a while since I posted in progress. I’ve got the interior in minus the door panels and the rear inner quarters. This weekend I installed a full stainless steel exhaust system from block to exhaust tip. I also got the last of the engine bay all wrapped up and kicked the engine over a few time to double check clearance on everything. I’ll should be starting it for the first time next weekend. I still need to steam the seats to get the last few wrinkles out but I think they look good overall. 

1800EE79-E72E-49BE-A3F2-8724B71E4150.jpeg

9736487D-477A-446C-9461-5270B1E04A41.jpeg

8365AABF-8108-4EC2-B844-20B4C76C34D7.jpeg