So 2 questions...how do I remove the steering column as a flange is preventing me from pulling it through the firewall.

Secondly, is there a way to remove the steering box without removing the headers or brake booster & reservoir?

1 hour ago, rittenrotton said:

So 2 questions...how do I remove the steering column as a flange is preventing me from pulling it through the firewall.

Secondly, is there a way to remove the steering box without removing the headers or brake booster & reservoir?

Did you remove the metal/seal which is attached to firewall with I think 4 bolts from inside? The column goes through it and a clamp attaches the column to that piece. Remove the 4 screws and that pieces comes out with the column. This is for a 69 Grande but as far as I remember it is same for all 69 and 70s.

Don't know headers but I removed the stock steering box from BELOW on my 69 Grande without removing anything else last weekend; 302 with stock manifolds, auto with power brakes. Had to maneuver it around the manifold but taking it out was real easy. Had difficult time putting it back in though; loosened the engine mount on that side and lifted the engine a little bit to get it in.