mustangstofear

1968 Cougar

Well, the Cougar is still here. After swapping out the 3rd member twice because of a  noise,  we found out it was the new tranny the customer got from American Power Train. We pulled it and found it was full of metal shavings. They had us send it back so they could go through it.  Here's where it gets bad, we inspect before installing it and it's still full of shavings.  The customer call the company and they basically tell him to go pound sand. It never fails, anytime a customer furnished his own motor or tranny,  we always have a problem. 

2 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

Well, the Cougar is still here. After swapping out the 3rd member twice because of a  noise,  we found out it was the new tranny the customer got from American Power Train. We pulled it and found it was full of metal shavings. They had us send it back so they could go through it.  Here's where it gets bad, we inspect before installing it and it's still full of shavings.  The customer call the company and they basically tell him to go pound sand. It never fails, anytime a customer furnished his own motor or tranny,  we always have a problem. 

I think I'd have to charge that to the customer, but I suspect you ate it. The time to diagnose and replace is unproductive if you're not getting paid for it. Must be very frustrating for you. Regardless, doesn't speak well of American Power Train. Car looks great, Rich.