mustangstofear

1968 Cougar

I looked at a 68 yesterday a guy I know inherited.  Wants to sell it. He was told it was 428 car.  Sadly it was not.  Was a 302 2v with 351 motor.  Car was in about as many pieces as possible.  But the body was in real good shape.  I don't need another project.  If it was 428 car I would have figured something out.

4 hours ago, copb8 said:

Grill looks good but is that legal? 

Can't say. I know it's not  really a good  design. If he ever has to change his lights, the entire  assembly will have to come off including the  fender extensions. We  did open up the  headlight doors so at least he can adjust them.

1 hour ago, mustangstofear said:

Can't say. I know it's not  really a good  design. If he ever has to change his lights, the entire  assembly will have to come off including the  fender extensions. We  did open up the  headlight doors so at least he can adjust them.

I'm sure that's what he wanted but man, he's going to regret that once a light goes out. 

BTW, been following this thread since the beginning. You folks do amazing work.

Even if he loves the look I'd have had you guys cut the grill and fabricate it so that the panels in front of the lights could be unscrewed and removed. It could've been done without visually impacting the look he wants and considering the money spent so far I can't see it being that costly.