RogerC

Finally got a Marti Report

So I've owned the car for more than 35 years and I ordered a Deluxe Marti Report earlier this week. Built Friday December 6th 1968.

A nothing special mustang and why I've had no reservation whatsoever of modifying this car.

Marti Report 9F01F136345.jpg

Roger, like you I have one of several thousand basic 69 Mustang Hardtop with a 302, auto, & black standard interior. Yours sounds almost like mine, I too am not at all worried about modifying my Mustang.

My Mustang was built in Metuchen, NJ,

it was scheduled to be built 11/25/68,

it was built 11/26/68, one day behind schedule,

Meadowlark Yellow paint code #-3120-A

F code 302 - 2bbl V-8

W code C4 auto trans

1 of 9,616 w/this paint code,

1 of 5,761 w/this paint/trim code,

1 of 74,458 w/this engine/trans code,

1 of 41,091 w/black vinyl top.

The options my Mustang had were black vinyl top, visibility group, 7.35x14-4ply rated white sidewall rayon tires, power steering, AM radio, & wheel covers.

Thanks for your comments. I've always known it was a low optioned car and wasn't worth squat restored so I never gave it a second thought to do whatever I desired with it. Just good to have confirmation and know exactly what I have. I've been watching many builds on here including yours, Mike. The progress on mine is so slow that I've never created a build thread myself, I just post when I've done something significant. I'm currently bogged down at work due to management firing my bosses back in late February and not replacing them resulting in less time to spend on the mustang.

Wether it’s a 1 of 1 or 1 of 7000, it’s a 69 Stang. It’s 50 years old!! I can’t count the number of people I’ve sent to the chiropractor due to them snapping their heads around to get a glimpse of my 69 or 70 while out for a cruise. What about that poor guy under his wife’s thumb wishing he could have a older Stang.  I hear so many comments about people either not liking the coupes and or the fastbacks. It’s 50 years old, still running, still snapping necks, and you know there’s prob not even a third of them still around. All mine, even the 82, are all 1 of 1 in my book and yours should too. 

Built not bought!!