alex

Hedman Elite 88658 reviews

I installed JBA short headers on my 69 Mach1 with a 351W.  Fit is good with no issues.  On those Hedman headers, the only thing I see is that tube for number 7 cylinder going up might be an issue with spark plug wires.  And put more heat in the area next to the valve cover and master cylinder.  I don't know why Hedman did that.  The JBA header tubes are routed differently.

My Hedman's are long tube, but have the same #7 tube issue, so I moved it. Mine was way too close to the brake booster and line for my liking, so I moved it. I have an auto trans so I wasn't concerned about Z bar access. If I were you, I'd buy a different header. 

Headers.thumb.jpg.874170bba84a302df841ebcf407c14c8.jpg910971056_Headerszinc.thumb.jpg.f3b14e07298d1bc35c4909acaa253242.jpg

That looks like a lot of work that you did for the driver's side header.  Comparing the two pictures it looks like you moved each tube with six and seven seeing the most change.  Five and eight were also moved as well.  Correct?  Not having had header work done previously, how much did the changes cost?

I will have to chime in for the FPA longtubes. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. Fits my 70 with a 351w, cable clutch, and borgeson steering box. Never thought i'd get longtubes to fit in that space, but they dropped in perfectly. fit and finish is top notch and still look great 10 years later.